PRC's mission is to support the economic security of Pacifica families and individuals by providing a safety net of food, housing assistance, and other critical services, including coaching, advocacy, information, and referral.
PRC’s vision is to assure the basic needs of every Pacifican are met so that each member of our community has the opportunity to thrive.
Last year, PRC served 1 in 10 Pacifica families with food, housing support & other critical services!*
PRC's impact on the community (*7/16-6/17):
- Provided food to benefit over 24,000 Pacifica children, adults, and seniors
- Prevented homelessness and sheltered 228 Pacifica families
- Prepared taxes for 173 households, generating nearly $214,000 in refunds and saving taxpayers $40,000 in tax preparation fees
- Helped prepare 152 youth for the new school year with grade appropriate school supplies
- Provided happy holidays to 211 children through our Adopt-A-Family program, as well as Thanksgiving assistance to 474 Pacificans.
- Provided over 100 showers (3/17-6/17) to homeless Pacificans through our new shower program
"Fund" Fact: for every $1 Pacifica Resource Center receives from the City, we leverage another $14 in support for our community. Since 2004, PRc has received $83,000 each year from the city to provide a safety net of food, housing assistance, and other critical services to Pacifica residents. This investment generates nearly $1,200,000 in goods and services that would otherwise be available in Pacifica.